Moderator Control Panel ]

finally got tickets to BAja

Costa Rica - Belize - Guatamala - etc.

Re: finally got tickets to BAja

Postby KnotCase » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 am

bhorsley wrote:Cutter sorry there ain't no bar

No bar in the traditional sense. But beverages can be purchased out on the "patio" where we meet the van.
"You may attend a party where strange customs prevail."
- Fortune Cookie

Postby BlueHeron » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 am

Cutter wrote: I wasn't looking forward to a 5 hour wait trying to keep Emerson in the playpen.

He's easy really - just give him a camera, and send him to document security operations. If he comes back muttering "armageddon" we will know what happens to detainees in mexico.
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Postby Emerson » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Ha ha ha to all...

Drinking beer in the sun.....wow...and there is major sun at the airport.... :o

After you come through customs you go through a door that is part of a glass wall. If you continue straight....there is a covered concrete area where all of the cab/van drivers wait for their passengers. Not as bad as San Jose or Guatemala but similar. We will be looking for Manny..he will have a sign saying Gary Bulla. Now there might be 100 people holding signs. Up in the corners of this mayhem near the building, are carts that have cold beers. Now..it is outside and hot!
As you come through that same door and go left..you go into like a waiting area with tables, bathroom, place to get some food..not many choices and a bar like area. I know you can get beer there..not sure about mixed drinks.

Brian's plane comes in right after ours which is super! If he flies with Delta...we need to get all of us together fast and drive to him in Terminal 3. Iti is about a mile walk and Brian and Sarah did it once...never again! Last time we had to go to the area for lost bags for Todd as he was missing his bag. Also, some people will be checked more than others. My bet is Mike H. will get the normal....more!

If all goes well, getting 11 people through all of this with all of their bags and finding Manny....we are usually off to the races. Think what Hades is like on a Saturday, then turn up the heat a few degrees.

Hopefully we will not NEED a bar..if you get what I mean!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Postby bhorsley » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 pm

i have never seen the sign saying Gary Bulla---
we are flying Continental --same thing as Delta.--we ain't making that shlep again--can you say heat stroke
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby Emerson » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm

I walked by it at first last year (not seeing it) then saw Manny...he was holding it...It was easier picking him out of the crowd than seeing the sign! :lol:

Continental....great...terminal 1 also.....we are all in terminal 1..one less potential mess-up ;) Just look for the white van :D

Do you know anyone flying Delta?
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Previous

Return to Central America