Moderator Control Panel ]

Intro

Questions and Answers about the basics of flyfishing for newbies and the old timers that just can't remember

Intro

Postby ptfranze » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been spending a lot of time reading everyone's posts and figured it was time to get involved. For starters I have picked up a ton of information so far on this awesome forum so thank you to everyone for that.

I am a 25 year old high school teacher living in Raleigh. I grew up fly fishing (my dad owned a fly shop for a few years) and loved it, however I loved soccer more and gave fishing up to try and play college soccer. Due to a broken ankle I wasn't able to play at the college level I wanted to and decided to attend NC State. While there I fell in love with fishing again. My friends and I picked up surf fishing and would use every chance we got to go down to the Outer Banks and fish. That turned out not to be enough and I have been able to convince my friends to charter a boat for a couple deep sea trips and my fiance and I have also been doing a lot of conventional inshore fishing. My little brother (19) is now a professional fly fishing guide and he has taken me out a few times recently and hooked me into some great wild trout in the mountains.

Long story short STILL NOT ENOUGH....I have decided I want to pick up fly fishing again seriously and have fallen in love with saltwater fishing. I still plan on doing both types of fishing right now but I have seen first hand from my little brother and dad how the fly fishing bug can catch you and never let you go.

I am basically starting back over in my fly fishing knowledge as I have forgotten pretty much everything (I can roll cast some thats about it) so right now I am going to do my best to absorb information from everyone on here.

Thank you guys for putting this forum together, I have learned a lot already and look forward to learning even more and hopefully soon be able to also add my own input on topics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Intro

Postby bhorsley » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 am

welcome aboard
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to The Rookie Room