Moderator Control Panel ]

Marathon Key

Questions and Answers about the basics of flyfishing for newbies and the old timers that just can't remember

Marathon Key

Postby woolybugger » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

I'm going to Marathon Key in June. Anyone know a flats guide they would recommend? How about a charter captain for a family trip? Any advice for kayak fishing on my own?
Thanks to all.
Jim C
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Re: Marathon Key

Postby Emerson » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Jake Jordan for night tarpon fishing. Give him a call for day guide. He has lived and guided in Marathon for over 30 years. he knows all the good guides. His recommendations are super. His guided night fishing is off the charts!

Here is his info:
If anyone wants to contact me(Jake Jordan) during the next 11 weeks, my address is PO Box 500937, Marathon FL 33050, (shipping 1361 Overseas Highway # B5, Marathon FL 33050) and my Phone number is: 305-872-6060.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Postby woolybugger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Many thanks for the tip!
Jim C
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Postby Cutter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 am

For a family trip I recommend Skye Stanley out of Robbies Marina near Islamorada. He is a good guy and great with kids. I took mine (then 7 and 10) out with him for some wreck fishing and he was great about getting my kids on AJs and grouper with gear, then me on some big cudas with the fly.

He mated for Billy Knowles in the Miami Sail-Fly a couple years ago when a friend of mine won it with 3 sails on fly. (The rest of the fleet took a total of 4 on fly). The guy is very talented.

http://www.blueheavencharter.com/
The world is your oyster-
So show up with a knife and know how to shuck.

Return to The Rookie Room