Moderator Control Panel ]

Underwater Photography

Questions and Answers about the basics of flyfishing for newbies and the old timers that just can't remember

Underwater Photography

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Just got into SCUBA diving back in Jan while in India and had a point and shoot in a housing down with me. Has anyone had experience with underwater housings for SLRs? I am looking into purchasing one but am hoping to hear some pros/cons before making my final decision.

thanks!
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Re: Underwater Photography

Postby bhorsley » Thu May 19, 2011 5:48 pm

most of the bodies i have seen and would trust for slrs and dslrs are very expensive--1500.00 is the cheapest i have found and would trust---hopefully someone knows better and has a better sloution
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:56 pm

ouch. just looked into the cost of a housing with a decent strobe and all the accessories. maybe ill just stick with my point and shoot under the sea
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby kendalloz » Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 am

Agree with Horsley. If you are going to SCUBA with an SLR the quality bodies are very expensive. If you will stay shallow you can use a ewa marine case. I used one in the past and it never leaked. There is no view finder in a GoPro but they can be used down to around 200 feet.

Return to The Rookie Room