Moderator Control Panel ]

Introduction

Questions and Answers about the basics of flyfishing for newbies and the old timers that just can't remember

Introduction

Postby bds98 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Good Afternoon. I have been lurking here for a while and thought I should introduce myself. I moved to the Norfolk area a year ago and just recently relocated to the Riverview area near the Lafayette River. I have only been fly fishing for a couple years and am obviously new to the Chesapeake Area. I know I have run into a few of y'all through VCFA, but this forum seems to be a bit more active. I will probably run into a few of you down at Harkers as I like to take get my pop out fishing when I make it down there, he lives in Emerald Isle. Should be there for Thanksgiving, and if the weather is anything like last year it should be good. Hope to see you there.

Looks like y'all had a great trip to Baja. Great Pics by all. Definitely eased my pain this past week!

If anyone is in the Norfolk area and wants to go fishing, just let me know. I am willing to go from a kayak, shore or boat (yes, i have a boat and that is a standing offer). Always willing to go at the last minute if a nice weather window pops up.

Thanks,
Blake

Re: Introduction

Postby kendalloz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Welcome!!!!! I live and fish the same areas. I am off the water a tad due to some surgery but once active will give you a shout by pm. :)

Postby mb82 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Welcome from the same area also. Can't help with where to go, still learning the area but when I can fit some fishing into the schedule I will give you a shout.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby kendalloz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Maybe the 3 of us can get out one evening soon.....

Postby bds98 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Definitely, let's get out sometime!. -KO- I think George H introduced at one of the VCFA meetings a while back. I have been fishing with him and Mike L a bit this summer; they have been a blast and wealth of knowledge as well. Drop me a PM if you want to head out one evening.

Postby mb82 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Let me know. Tuesdays are my only bad days, not out till 9ish. Any other day it is before 6.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Return to The Rookie Room