Moderator Control Panel ]

bite tippet

Questions and Answers about the basics of flyfishing for newbies and the old timers that just can't remember

bite tippet

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:47 pm

what does everyone use for bite tippet for spanish? I lost a bunch of gotchas due to bite offs at the pier when I was down in july and don't want that to happen again this time.

thanks!
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Re: bite tippet

Postby bhorsley » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 pm

25 pound fluorocarbon works well
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:07 pm

thanks brian. Can i get that at the tackle shops down there or would it be cheaper to find it before i come?
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby bhorsley » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:56 am

TW's has all you need
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the fluorocarbon tip boss. It saved me when I got into the blues off the beach this past week. They shredded it pretty good but it still held together...it even outlasted the fly.
Bradley

Postby bhorsley » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:46 pm

cool man --that was a great report about the blues on the beach--i was jealous
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby Biff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Hit Coquina for a sunrise shoot last week and that beach was COVERED with galss minnows, etc. - Made me think of when we used to catch trout in buckets, just picking them up in the first blue blitzes every fall. You know you are old when you remember when ...

A - someone would call you from a pay phone and you'd shut the store and head for the Epstein tract to get a workout.

B - you could drive down the beach road in the fall and SMELL the menhaden in the surf.

C - spring in Colington meant coming home from work, walking the bulkhead and limiting out on 3-6 pound bass, and sweet was a night easing the canals on the troller cranking the lit docks not knowing whether the bass you were hitting had channel, striped, or largemouth for a first name.

D - MTV played music.

E - bad weather was called drum time.

F - Bill Cosby was funny.

G - TW's main business was selling fishing gear, and Thanksgiving meant all the fishermen met outside Terry's at the sawhorses and ate Ted's oysters between sets of blues. I hear tell some people stayed indoors and watched something called football.

H - people of opposing political views drank beer and fished together.

I miss everything except MTV...
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Return to The Rookie Room