Moderator Control Panel ]

Need you help!!!!!!!!

Fly fishing the Outer Banks of North Carolina

Need you help!!!!!!!!

Postby nSearchOfFlyH20 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:37 pm

I am supposed to come down on Thursday night but I see the weather is not looking great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Capt, where is the marine report for your area?????? If you had to decide would you or wouldn't you come down? 3hrs and can fish up here but would love to come down....

Re: Need you help!!!!!!!!

Postby woody » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:09 pm

I am fishing this evening and will be able to tell you if the front impacts to fishing have abated
when the front came through last Saturday, the wind shifted to the NE which in itself is not bad
Ed P and I fished but had no joy even though we fished some pretty reliable areas
I think the shift had just occured but the fish were still not settled
last night before I left for a meeting (see I do work!) I saw fish working in the flats
tonight I will fish those flats and see if things have settled down
it appears that the weather will get somewhat snotty with rain but I do not see a wind shift
North winds provide many opportunities to fish this time of year
so I will tell you what I find tonight and if you do not mind getting wet and fishing in the lee
you might want to come on down if there are fish to be found
report tomorrow
Woody

It is certain that an atom of goodness on the path of faith is never lost.
Rumi

Postby nSearchOfFlyH20 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Thank you very much. Please let me know how you do. I will fish either the Prop Slough, Bodie or fish from the beach near a pier if I get info on fish. Just don't want to come down adn get blown out. Great place to visit but I come to FISH!!!!! I don't mind getting wet as long as there is fish.

Postby woody » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:13 am

small fish on the shoals and my conversation with the commercial fishing guys this morning suggested they are not seeing much
one with 500 yds of net caught only 6 flounder and one drum (black)
I must say that last night the sunset was beautiful and the fish did not start to move until almost dark
so out of two hours of fishing only about 15 minutes had true shots at rolling fish
I was throwing my 9 wt last night hoping to find a fish to try out the drag on my new Charlton but nothing big enough to pull drag
I went to the orange over black half and half because I see that Tracy had some luck with that fly

The weather is going to be rainy and windy this weekend with highs in the low 60s so I know my fishing will be limited
probably fish sunset only
Woody

Rumi

Postby woody » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:05 am

I suggest a no go
Woody

Rumi

Return to Outer Banks