Moderator Control Panel ]

Currituck to OI Oct 9th

Fly fishing the Outer Banks of North Carolina

Currituck to OI Oct 9th

Postby hh65cdr » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Headed out on the Yak this morning from poplar branch with hot intel on Mr Striper. Wind kicked my but no bites but did see birds working bait and 3-4 fish roll on top water. Couldnt keep the yak still long enough to do anything with 20-30 SW. I could have drifted to Va Beach if I wasnt careful.

2nd Half of the day I tried to fish from the jetty at OI. Water was muddy and people with cast nets everywhere. With all the bait being caught the fish should be very hungry :roll: Better luck tommorrow. :)
Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

Re: Currituck to OI Oct 9th

Postby mb82 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Stinks man. It was windy here I can't imagine what it was like on the water.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Re: Currituck to OI Oct 9th

Postby lwflyrod » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Bummer about the wind and no fish, It was Windy here in the Valley Yesterday (Thurs)that must have blown down to you all today, but today was bright sunny and hot, So maybe we'll blow some of that toward you,
There is HOPE!
Keep smiling and catch some fish.
HAD TO work couldnt fish today, but plan on it saturday of course scheduled for rain. We need it up here. Creeks are low and crystal clear. Thinking about snagging BCflyfishers Yak and heading out for some bass.(he'll get ticked, but oh well he's on fall break and running around Antietam and Gettysburg Battlefields with his Civil War club)
If he hadnt had that planned, there was a chance we could have come down to fish.
How's the new Yak? got any good pics of it outfitted yet?

Did you try a Sea Drogue/Sea anchor? (from my old CG days) You ought to be able to get some old chutes to use by cutting them down and sewing them up in a cone, or sew some canvas, that will slow you some, use a bridal rig and it will be easier to bring back in.
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Return to Outer Banks