Moderator Control Panel ]

OI Oct15th

Fly fishing the Outer Banks of North Carolina

OI Oct15th

Postby nSearchOfFlyH20 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Haven't been done since this spring. Prop Slough or Bodie is the choices. Which do think will be best in less then two weeks...... Anything going on along the beaches near any piers of late?

Re: OI Oct15th

Postby kendalloz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 am

Might be best to check with the tackle shops when you get there. I read a report in The Fisherman that some specks had been caught in Green Island.

Postby woody » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 am

My surf fishing friends tell me that this year has been the most spectacular year for pompano they have seen in recent times
many large trout, one was 25 inches (citation size if you are into that sort of thing)
have not been down to OI lately
but friends fished there last weekend and did not do well
I would check the points for rock and drum
Flounder have been good
I probably will fish this weekend down here so I will report
Woody

It is certain that an atom of goodness on the path of faith is never lost.
Rumi

Postby nSearchOfFlyH20 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey thanks for the info guys. Not big on GI because I fish alone and it is a bit tuff over there with evertying that goes into that area. I love the Prop Slough, I do very well in that area, Bodie I do either AWESOME or HORRIBLE. There is no in betwween there for me. Let me know how you make out if you can. I have done some fishing in the spring at soem of the piers in the surf on the southside of a couple of them. Catch and release only for me.

Postby nSearchOfFlyH20 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Woody, what do you mean check the points? Pups would be fun and trout. I get tons of rock and flounder up here but anything is something!!

Return to Outer Banks