corola

Fly fishing the Outer Banks of North Carolina

Re: corola

Postby BionicSenior » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I stand corrected. Good work!
:D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<'(((((><

Postby hh65cdr » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:23 am

Alot of maps you look at show the wright memorial bridge as being the boundry for salt-fresh license. In my experience TW's and Currituck sports tell me the coastal license covers it. I carry both just to be safe.
Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

FishIt

Postby FishIt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm a newbie to the board also, but I have looked into the license issue. This is from the Dept. of Marine Fisheries FAQ page:

http://www.ncdmf.net/recreational/NCCRFLfaq.htm:

"If I purchase the new CRFL does it allow me to fish in inland waters?
The CRFL allows you to fish in coastal and joint fishing waters, but not in inland or fresh waters. If you want a license to fish in all state waters, you may purchase a Unified Fishing License."

Hope it helps clarify...

Postby BionicSenior » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:20 pm

The last time I asked at TW's in Corolla it was before the Coastal license was required so that makes sense. And, the regulations clearly say that jointly managed waters require either a freshwater license or the coastal license and the maps show that area north of the Wright bridge as jointly managed.

Now, can anybody say they have found fish in the sound near Corolla? Without fish, the license issue is moot in my opinion. :D :D ;)
:D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<'(((((><

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:43 pm

I was riding my bike along the nature trail in the PI Audubon Sanctuary while I was down in July and at sunset stopped off at one of the observation decks and saw a bunch of big fish, no idea what they were, but I know they were fish, jumping out of the water after stuff. If the queen(my mom) allows my dad and I might go check it out via kayaks the 2nd week in August(9-16). I have, several years ago seen some catfish and lots of sunfish(or at least thats what I call them) caught from the docks up at the Whalehead Club by the Currituck light.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby bhorsley » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:19 pm

if they are jumping out of the water or loping--they are jumping mullet--they do not eat flies or bait---grass/mud eater
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby JHasty » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 pm

>> Above the Points Harbor Bridge/Colington Harbor to Buzzard Bay was Fresh Water Licsense. To be safe I would have both. Each Dept. will write tickets eagerly.

Postby Ctuk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:09 am

Postby wgmiller » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:42 am

Just to touch on the "jumping" fish, I have a funny story on that. We were down last year and were waiting outside of the Lone Cedar to eat and saw a fish jump several feet in the air. This occurred not far from the shoreline and my five year-old daughter saw this and couldn't believe her eyes. Ever since then, she has talked about the "jumping" fish we saw :mrgreen:

Postby lwflyrod » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Ok, Everyone, This has been a good topic.

As the links I posted earlier state.
A Recreation Saltwater License covers you from Cordova down in the Marshes on the Currituck Sound.
I just spoke with the Marine Fisheries people Sgt. Forest of Marine Patrol
enforcement division officer.

http://www.ncfisheries.net/maps/coastal ... /map04.pdf
View the red striped areas.
I have yet to have the NC Wildlife people return my call. :roll:
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

PreviousNext

Return to Outer Banks