Moderator Control Panel ]

Week of the 4th

Fly fishing the Outer Banks of North Carolina

Week of the 4th

Postby lwflyrod » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 am

Hi, Folks..Its been a while since my and our last posts.....Life takes many turns...
I will be down the week of the 4th of July...Staying up in the Corolla area, if any of you are up that way gimme a shout here or on FB (Lee Wells)... I would love to get together with a fishing partner seeing how my previous partner (Brad) is not with me this year.
As a few of you know and those that dont....BCFlyfisher (Brad) was attending Michigan Tech working on his Masters. as part of his masters program he is now in Zambia Africa...working for the Peace Corps as a fish Aquaculture liaison (or something like that) He has been there since February and has another 22 months to go, He is hoping to start his project and thesis over there in the near future.

So this trip I will be slinging bugs/flies by myself so if your free gimme a shout maybe we can arrange a meet and fish...I frequent the Corolla 4wd area in the mornings..Look for a BIG ORANGE DODGE P/U with Cap.

I've got about a dozen black and orange clousers and 2 dozen chart and white tied up..along with a few crabs will be working the surf mainly and hope one day or so to visit the prop slough and do a bit of wading there. If anybody has any other suggestions or known spots that are producing lemme know.

I will try to post the northern beach reports as I can with my failures or successes...

Tight Lines everyone!
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Return to Outer Banks