Moderator Control Panel ]

Hatteras Report of Sorts

Fly fishing the Outer Banks of North Carolina

Hatteras Report of Sorts

Postby TLT » Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 pm

I was on the island for a day of cobia fishing on Saturday on the Armadilla, a boat from my neck of the woods here on the Rappahannock. Would loved to have ridden the bag and cast to all the fish we saw if they would have come into the slick had we done that. We searched for fish all the way down to the end of Portsmouth Island and found the greatest numbers south of Ocracoke Inlet. We caught five chucking big white bucktails with big white curly tails on them; I definitely yearned for the chance to throw a fly, but these fish were spooky! We caught five.

On the way home at the crack of dawn on Sunday I thought I saw the Boss steaming south in the sound near Green Island, but the boat was the wrong color.

Can't wait to ride the bag later with the big man!

Re: Hatteras Report of Sorts

Postby toddkfly » Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Good stuff Tom. Had a friend drop off some cobia steaks over the weekend from a trip he had down there last week. Hope those dudes start moving north!

Postby kendalloz » Tue May 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks for the report. Some pals went to Hat Ress last Thursday and Friday to chase the cobes on fly and they did not get any. They did get some AJs on fly over a wreck which is great! :D Heard of one cobe caught in the bay not sure if the report is true.

Postby bhorsley » Tue May 25, 2010 5:05 pm

keep your eyes open --they are streaming by here
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby TLT » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Whoops! Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Return to Outer Banks