Moderator Control Panel ]

VCFA House Report #11

Fishing Reports from Captain Brian Horsley and Captain Sarah Gardner

VCFA House Report #11

Postby fishermike » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi! Another great day on the water, :D with albies everywhere. We started off just south of the rock jetty and they were breaking everywhere and we hooked up almost immediately, and this went on for about an hour. Then everyone left, we stuck around for a while and boated one albie before it completely shut down. Then we went off to Shackleford Is and rejoined the fleet and they were going off all over. We had three boats out and all had good success. One boat hooked 14 and landed 10 and had to leave around 1:30 to get one of our members in to get home, another boat hooked 10 and landed 8, and our third boat hooked 15 and landed 13 for a house total of 39 hooked and 31 landed. The house total now sits at 170 landed and 252 hooked, well on our way to our best year ever. We caught them casting, trolling and dredging and they seemed to be very willing to take our flies. Many of them took the fly deeply as they were aggressively feeding. Best year ever, :D if you haven't planned a trip, you need to. We are going to be talking about this year for a long time, make sure you will have something to add! Hope to see everyone bowed up again tomorrow, tight lines, mike buss

Re: VCFA House Report #11

Postby dsqrd » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Yee-haw! You don't know how much I miss being with you guys. Continued good luck!

Re: VCFA House Report #11

Postby atocia » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:12 pm

Mike you're killing me, I was half way through packing on Tuesday with the intention to leave before sunrise the following morning and bring my boat down when I got the dreaded phone call that my sister's time may be very near so had to change plans. Glad to hear you guys are having a blast and making up for the horrible weather we had last year during our stay. Tight lines ! Ted.

Return to Flat Out and Fly Girl Reports