Moderator Control Panel ]

VCFA House Report #1

Fishing Reports from Captain Brian Horsley and Captain Sarah Gardner

VCFA House Report #1

Postby fishermike » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi! The VCFA House is officially open and we got the skunk off the house today by hooking 7 and landing 2. :D And that may need some explanation. Mike Lewis hooked the first albie of the year behind a trawler off Atlantic Beach and as I was winding my line in to help land the fish, I hooked up resulting in our first double of the year, but I think there is an unwritten rule that any double hookup will result in crossed lines and while we were doing the albie shuffle to untangle things of course we lost both fish! i hooked up again and this time my hook was straightened when I tried to put too much pressure on the albie. Being the cheap skate I am, I tried to save the fly by bending it back into shape and of course the next albie broke the hook at the bend. The next albie just got off. Then we heard on the radio of reports of albies busting off the hook. We were still off Atlantic Beach behind the trawlers, there were 6 of them in the area, and we had to go that way anyway and it was around 3 so off we went. When we got to the hook, albies were busting all over, and we managed to hook and land one before time to head back in. Great start to the three week stay at the house. If any of you would like to stop by and share stories, just drop in. The house is open! Thanks and tight lines, mike buss :D

Re: VCFA House Report #1

Postby cggoldens » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:58 am

Thanx for the report. I'll be your neighbor starting on Friday. Keep the reports coming.

How dirty is the water?

Willi

Postby fishermike » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi! Water is off color but doesn't seem to affect the albies and they have been breaking all over in all types of water. Keep our fingers crossed it continues. Give me a call when you get in Fri and I will give you an update. 757-681-0328 Thanks and tight lines mike

Postby cggoldens » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks Mike, will do.

Willi

Return to Flat Out and Fly Girl Reports