looks like Hurricane Matthew will makes things interesting
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Re: Oct. 2nd

Postby CaptFly » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Hopefully not too interesting :?

Postby cggoldens » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Not that I'm anti gear or anything but I was wondering why you guys tend to use more spinning gear early in the season. Is it because the anglers need to make longer casts or is there more false casting or?

Willi

Postby bhorsley » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:29 pm

good question
more than two false cast for albies anytime will greatly reduce your success rate--greatly. It never hurts to the able to cast far.

when the albies are eating micro bait than can be tougher than normal--but will eat a properly placed fly but nowhere as well as a snax. If you do not have a lot of experience with fish eating small bait it can be frustrating. We have tied 100s version of the surface baits that work in a fly but no success. It is not possible to get the speed and movement of the snax with a fly or i have not found away. The snax is getting a 100% reaction strike. Wish i could find a fly and stripping combination that worked as well.

much of the early season is no client fishing --fishing the Albie Snax is a hoot. Basically it is up to what my clients want to fish with--
All of the bites are surface action and they will often knock the snax 5 or 6 feet in the air.

I like it because of the bite--could careless about the catching - and it is different
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby Davidham » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Wondering same thing. Good answer. Hope we won't need it in early November but if we do that's fine.

Postby Taylor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:33 pm

I Googled the Albie Snax and got hit from www.longcastplastics.com. Is this the same Albie Snax you are talking about. If so, are you using the pink color and where can you acquire them. The website did not show suppliers in NC.

Postby bhorsley » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 pm

yes those are the baits Saltwateredge in Rhode Island is where we get ours and you will need the hooks
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to Flat Out and Fly Girl Reports