Moderator Control Panel ]

IFTD report

Fishing Reports from Captain Brian Horsley and Captain Sarah Gardner

IFTD report

Postby bhorsley » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 am

Sarah and I just returned from the Icast/IFTD Show in Orlando. It was nice to meet some of the other Ambassadors from Sage and RIO and our new bosses! It was a large time with lots of laughs.

The show was very busy but we did finally get to throw a few rods. It is hard to take up time in the casting pools when Reps and Fly Shops are looking at the new offerings. We threw mainly “all water” and saltwater rods. Sage had several collections of single handed fresh water, two handed and switch rods new this year.

Sage introduced a new Graphite IIe rod called the Pulse—we threw the 8 wt and it is an excellent rod at an even better price. The largest size for now is the 8 wt and it is 450.00. The Bolt is a Generation 5 graphite rod and is ultra fast action. The largest size is also an 8 wt which was a nice stick and retails for 650.00. Last years new model the Accel is also Generation 5 graphite and I loved the 8 wt and I am sorry I did not cast the 9 wt. it also retails for 650.00.

Sarah, Jon Cave and I played with the Method 11 wt. This stick is super powerful and demands respect of the caster. The Methods are the F1s of the fly fishing world. They are ultra fast and for those who love fast technical rods this is rod is for you. These rods are in the Kinetic line of rods along with the SALT and ONE and are priced at 850.00 Sarah and I have Methods 6 to 9 wts and plan on adding 10s and 11s to our personal quivers.

RIO has updated many of their freshwater fly lines with the IN-Touch cores. The In-Touch cores are low stretch. RIO’s Striper Line now has the “In-Touch Core”. RIO also added a floating striper line as well. And for us who love to fish deep RIO reintroduced the Leviathan 750 grain sink-tip—watch out reds around the Cape and YFT in Baja!

Redington is bringing out a new reel call the Behemoth. They come in a variety of sizes. The largest ones will offer anglers up to 32 pounds of drag while the smaller models will have over 16 pounds of drag. These reels were field tested in Florida with Captain Scott Hamilton on his amazing shark fishery. We have the 9/10 with us and plan on making its life tough! The price of these reels is from 106.00 to 139.00 dollars yes that is right.

If you wear BUFFs and are tired of them fogging up your glasses when pulled up over your nose you need to check out Black Strap http://bsbrand.com Great folks and have some excellent products.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Re: IFTD report

Postby kendalloz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 am

Don you have a pulse in NC?

Re: IFTD report

Postby bhorsley » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:05 pm

no pulse yet not quite out
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to Flat Out and Fly Girl Reports